Using MediSave Overseas
- You are able to spend the same MediSave limit as that in Singapore, subject to your selection of the types of treatments and/or surgical procedures.
- Generally, MediSave covers up to SGD450 per day for inpatient hospitalisation and/or a fixed maximum limit per table of surgical procedures. The latter varies between SGD250 and SGD7,550, depending on the specific types of procedures selected.
- Procedures done for day surgery
- Medically necessary hospitalisation for medical & surgical treatment
- Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) who normally reside in Singapore;
- Immediate family members such as spouse, parents or children of Singaporeans and PRs who normally reside in Singapore. The above mentioned family member must be Singaporean/PR who normally reside in Singapore;
- Grandparents of Singaporeans and PRs who normally reside in Singapore, if these grandparents are also Singaporeans/PRs who normally reside in Singapore
According to Singapore’s Ministry of Health, this policy would give “Singaporeans a wider choice of hospitals when considering elective treatment, so as to help them stretch their MediSave dollars and save money.” ( https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/further-MediSave-liberalisation )